Quick and easy recipes from the Well Dressed Nut
Easy Spiced-Up Pecan Roast Pork
- 2 ¼ lbs. pork tenderloin (usually comes 2 per package)
- juice of 2 limes
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T ground cumin
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- sprinkle each of salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves (cracked)
- 1 large onion (yellow or white) chopped
- 2 cups (8 oz) chopped SPICED-UP PECANS
Coat tenderloins with lime juice. Drizzle olive oil, enough to coat. Season meat with all spices. Cut small slits into meat and insert cracked garlic and onion. Rub chopped pecans over surface of pork. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
Serve with green salad and either creamed spinach or creamed corn.
Mixed Greens, Pear and Bleu Cheese Salad with Spiced-Up Pecans
- 3 oz. lettuce – red & green leaf
- 1/3 red pear – diced
- 2 oz. SPICED-UP PECANS
- 1 oz crumbled bleu cheese
- chives - copped
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash lettuce, toss with SPICED-UP PECANS, diced pear and bleu cheese, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped chives and dress with a light vinaigrette
Chicken Salad with Rosemary-Tossed Pecans
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup ROSEMARY-TOSSED PECANS broken up
Mix thoroughly. Serve on lettuce or pair with thick, crusty bread.
Serves 2 or 3.
© 2010 The Well Dressed Nut